Software development can go in many different directions...
The ICONIX Process has a long track record of helping companies avoid analysis paralysis on a multitude of projects, and is best suited for developing web and GUI-based systems. But what if your project has some other complexities? What if you're modeling business processes, or developing with web services, or designing an embedded hardware/software system?
Answer: Use one (or more) of the process roadmaps in this book!
This book contains a treasure-trove of tailored roadmaps, proven on demanding real-life projects:
Business Process Modeling
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) web service orchestration with BPMN/BPEL
Embedded hardware/software systems designed with SysML
Design Driven Testing of SysML Models; and
Algorithmically complex systems
This book will guide you through these roadmaps, illustrating their use by example. From the author of Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML.
Includes "20 Terabytes a Night: Designing the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope's Image Processing Pipeline."
If you're looking for a "cookbook methodology", i.e. a step-by-step guide on how to create logical designs, this book provides exactly that. It's based on the proven and agile ICONIX Process, an object-oriented analysis and design process which illustrates how to get from use cases to well-designed source code and tests in a minimal number of steps.
In addition to the "Use Case Driven" ICONIX Process, ICONIX roadmaps now include:
* ICONIX Process for algorithm-intensive systems (described in "20 Terabytes a Night")
* ICONIX Process for Embedded Systems (described in the "SysML" section of the book)
* ICONIX Process for Web Services (described in "SOA" chapter 3)
* ICONIX Process for Business Rules (described in "SOA" chapter 4)
* ICONIX Process for Test (described in the new book Design Driven Testing by Matt Stephens and Doug Rosenberg, available from Apress)
Interested in training courses on software design, use cases, SysML or SOA?
ICONIX Process open enrollment training classes are coming soon to a city near you.